Competition:Closed for the 2020-2021 academic year
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only Canadian organizations can submit applications on behalf of prospects. They might decide to set their very own interior due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America while the Caribbean with short-term trade possibilities for research or research, in Canada, in the university, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements between Canadian and Latin American or Caribbean organizations. These agreements are manufactured between universities, technical or institutions that are vocational universities. Pupils, hereby described as «candidates», must certanly be registered as full-time students inside their house organization during the time of application and throughout the entire length of these research or research stay static in Canada.
Canadian institutions that are post-secondary
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for submitting applications on the behalf of eligible prospects from organizations in Latin America as well as the Caribbean; and
- encouraged to market this scholarship chance to faculty and staff people, in addition to to partner organizations in Latin America plus the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective applicants:
- should determine a person that is single when it comes to management of this contribution contract and another individual with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share capital from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Applicants thinking about this scholarship system should contact their property organization to:
- make their interest understood;
- determine if there clearly was a current institutional collaboration or change contract with a Canadian organization; and
- request details about the applying procedure and selection criteria certain into the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for example transcripts, language test outcomes, an investigation task and an enrollment type for an trade system.
Chosen applicants ought to:
- make sure that they match the needs associated with the institution that is canadian scholastic needs and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and proceed with the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the Canadian organization (generally speaking a report license is needed for program work and a work license is necessary for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits with their house organization just because their courses that are canadian been identified; and
- contact alumni associated with the system through their property organization for advice and a neighborhood viewpoint on the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are anticipated to come back to accomplish their studies at their property organizations upon conclusion associated with the scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner organizations in Canada to verify or explore collaborations that are institutional pupil change agreements;
- market this scholarship opportunity through their offices that are international
- determine strong educational prospects whom meet with the admission needs for the Canadian partner organization;
- give you the applicants’ papers to your Canadian partner organization, that is accountable for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve extra training that is linguistic educational upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship duration and value
Funding for ELAP scholarships is manufactured available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its title that is legal Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The institution that is canadian get money from DFATD for many successful applicants in the shape of a share contract and will also be responsible for supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the level and duration of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for at the least four months or one scholastic term of research or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to half a year of research or study.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds towards the scholarship receiver to donate to the after costs:
- visa and/or study/work license charges;
- airfare, for the scholarship receiver just, to Canada by the most direct and affordable path and return airfare upon completion for the scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- cost of living, such as for instance accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials needed for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computers along with other gear.
Re re Payment procedure
at the mercy of the conditions and terms associated with Contribution Agreement, capital may be disbursed with a cheque released towards the Canadian organization upon getting listed here papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority during the Canadian organization and the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a Cash Flow Statement submitted because of the Canadian organization to coincide because of the arrival for the scholarship recipients to Canada.