You’ll borrow as much as 50 products at a right time on the collection card.
- Publications вЂ“ 3 months
- Audiobooks вЂ“ 3 weeks with a limitation of 10 products on a single account
- Im im im im Printed Music (Scores) – 3 days
- Videos, DVDs, CDs and magazines вЂ“ 1 with a limit of 10 CDs and a combined total of 10 videos and DVDs week.
You might restore materials so long as there are not any holds regarding the product as well as your account is with in good standing.
There was at the most 15 renewals for every single product ( this doesn’t consist of eBooks)
You will find 3 ways to restore:
- In person at one of many library branches presently providing library card solution
- On the web by logging into your My BPL account
- Over the telephone by calling 718.230.6700
Put something on hold for a fast and way that is convenient get materials that aren’t now available at try your local library. For detailed home elevators BPL holds, check this out web web web web web page.
- Put a hold demand through our catalog or perhaps in individual at try your local library
- It is possible to put as much as 10 holds on your own collection account on any item that is circulating the Library collection utilizing the after exceptions: guide, unique collections, and mags and journals.
- The collection will be sending a notice via e-mail, text or phone if your hold is actually to pickup. Please be certain we’ve your contact that is correct information. You will have seven days to pickup your hold.
Coming Back Materials
- Return material to a Brooklyn Public Library lobby solution location. BPL book drops are closed.
- All product is born right right right right back because of the date suggested at time of renewal or checkout. Fines will quickly accrue if products aren’t came back by the deadline.
- Numerous component materials needs to be came back complete at time of go back to avoid fines that are late.
- Courtesy reminders of future dates that are due delivered by e-mail or text. Overdue notices are delivered by e-mail or phone. Failure to get notices doesn’t excuse fines that are overdue.
Interlibrary Loan is a site that enables legitimate Brooklyn Public Library cardholders to request to borrow publications maybe perhaps not owned by BPL off their libraries in the us. You can easily submit loan that is interlibrary in person at any Brooklyn Public Library branch. This solution is absolve to Brooklyn Public Library clients; but, fines and costs evaluated because of the financing collection do apply. Find out more.
Fines and costs
Fines and Costs Schedule (Temporarily Suspended)
Fines accrue per product, per calendar time, whether or not Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) is closed. It’s your obligation to help keep tabs on your payment dates. Failure to get courtesy collection notices will not excuse fines.
- Books/Magazines: $0.15/day
- Audiobooks, CDs and CD-ROM pc pc computer software: $0.15/day
- DVDs & Videos: $0.15/day
- Interlibrary Loan: $1/day
- Substitution Card Fee (Adult/Young Adult): $2
- Substitution Card Fee (Senior/Juvenile): $1
- Out-of-State Card Fee: $50
- Replacement Card Fee (Out-of-State): $5
- Bounced Check Fee: ten dollars
- Collection Agency Fee: ten dollars
Borrowing privileges are suspended when fines or costs reach a $15 threshold. You can not spot holds, restore, or have a look at product until your account falls underneath the limit.
Billed Products (Nevertheless in place)
Things perhaps maybe maybe perhaps perhaps not came back after two notices that are overduetwo weeks for news – DVDs and CDs; four weeks for many other materials) are believed very very long overdue. Long overdue, lost, or damaged material and materials with numerous components which are came back incomplete is supposed to be billed for your requirements. You can not spot holds, restore, or have a look at product until its fixed.
You are able to get back or purchase the material that is billed. If billed material is came back, the charges that are billed no further be charged for your requirements.
If you lose or harm any one of those items examined off to your bank account, you’ll be charged the entire replacement price of each product. No replacement things will soon be accepted in the place of any items that are outstanding.
Collections Agency (Temporarily Suspended)
Borrowers with unpaid balances of $25 or higher can be contacted by a group agency. A $10.00 collection charge is positioned on accounts that reach this threshold. If you’re introduced to your collection agency, you have to spend balance in complete before your borrowing privileges are restored.
Please read our Fines and costs Policy to find out more.
Spending Your Fines and Costs
You’ll want your collection card to cover your fines. It is possible to pay with the following practices:
- Money re re re re payments are accepted at kiosks available at every BPL location. Staff doesn’t collect money from clients.
- Checks made payable to BPL could be provided to the employees at any location. Are the library account number associated with the account being taken care of in the check.
- Bank cards (Visa, Mastercard, and see) are accepted after all BPL kiosks. You can even spend at home by signing into My BPL.
Our Borrowing Policy has changed!
The collection applied modifications to its borrowing/renewal/fines policy. Discover More